A new concept in healthy living

Meet the Author

  

Visitors

Live Updates

Don't miss anything! Automatic notification of when I update OutsideIN Life! Pick one:

 Subscribe in a reader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Add to My AOL

Subscribe in Bloglines

Powered by FeedBurner

KNOW MORE

Syndication

RSS Articles

Administrator

Is Your Cooking Killing You?

Category: Food & Your Health
Posted: 2009-08-18 22:40

INFORMATION FOR YOU:
CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS HOSPITAL , U. S. -

1. No plastic containers in micro.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.

Johns Hopkins has sent this information out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well. Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer.

Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital was on a TV program to explain this health hazard.

He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as CorningWare, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use glass etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.

Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap (microscopically) and drip into the food. Cover food loosely with a paper towel instead.

The best choice, take out a pot or pan and cook dinner from real living food!
Permalink
Powered by sBLOG XHTML 1.0 Strict PHP CSS
Local time: 2018-02-22 09:49 GMT-5
Powered by sBLOG © 2005 Servous